Thread: Redo of a small building and yard (easy job?)

Post Redo of a small building and yard (easy job?)

Hello,

I have a scan of an old map that is terrible. I'm hoping I can get it redone proper. I can throw a few bucks at it. I'm hoping it's not that complicated a job.

Subject

- Current map is an old, ruined mine office. Bad scan and the squares don't line up.
    - Hoping to have it done as a fixed up building as a base of operations for the players! Made with furniture and such. If possible, it would be great to have a roof that I can layer on top with FVTT.
    - Would like the well and an outhouse, as well. Maybe a little bit of the yard?
    - Reference material here: https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...-_NjAenvIhZ_nS

Style

- Not too cartoony, but I'm really not picky.

Quality & Size

- Professional or semi-professional? I have no idea. Anything is better than what I have.
    - Something that could work on FVTT as a battlemap. It's going to be the HQ for the players.

Time Constraints

- Sooner the better, but no real rush. They just cleared it out.

Copyright

- How does this affect price? I could just use it for my home game, but I would mind sharing it online with a friend or two that are also running the came campaign. Let me know how this might affect the price.

Contact Info

- Happy to discuss budget or any other details via email at: heychadwick [at] gmail-dot-com

Hi

Your link to the reference material seems to be broken, I get 404 not found when I try to follow it.

To answer your question about how copyright affects the price, if you don't need the copyright because you want to feature the map in a publication etc. then that means that the artist can potentially resell the work as art prints, part of a map pack or something similar. If that additional revenue stream is available then the artist can justify charging you less as they will be able to make some additional money from those other monetisation channels.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.