Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
It might just be a personal reference but that tends to totally throw off my suspension of disbelief. I would say the technique here is 10/10, but I might recommend shuffling up the geography a little bit (or a lot) so that your real-world reference is less obvious.
This is, honestly, my biggest concern about this type of map. As I mentioned previously, I've had issues working with getting terrain-generating software to do what I want, so I tend toward a more raster-based approach. However, after reading through some other folks' workflows here on the site, I have discovered a few new techniques I can try out that might help me create something more 'original' in terms of landforms that isn't so easily recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
This is a very impressive map! I would say in particular the way you've handled the colors and the biomes is really excellent and photorealistic. I always love seeing how people use real-world DEM data for their maps as I'm not really tech-savvy enough to do it.
Thanks, this feedback is very much appreciated, as it has been the main thing I've been working to improve.