Thread: Greetings Cartographians

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Info Greetings Cartographians

Been a Profantasy user since before 2000, but haven't been able to dedicate the time I'd like.

Mostly used mapping sw for D&D, Pathfinder, Traveller and even for some notional worlds I hope to turn into material for a book some day. I even used CC2 as a cheaper version of autocad to build a pirate ship out of PVC for my kids many years ago. It ended up being 35ft long by nearly two stories tall at the top of the crow's nests. I realize it's not 'mapping' content, so I won't post it here.

My primary reason for joining so late is that many of my maps are on older versions of CC and it's time I dust them off and get them cleaned up now that updated to the latest sw versions. Hoping to get a lot of tips and ideas here from all the talent in this 'guild.'

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks, looking forward to learning a lot here.

I'm new here too, but also, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, as I am beginning to

Link

Quote Originally Posted by aami View Post
    I'm new here too, but also, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, as I am beginning to
    Thanks Aami,
    I'm definitely enjoying my stay while researching all the resources there are here. Lot of great tips for various aspects of mapping which I can't wait to try. I think I spent a good chunk of time looking at Joshstolarz website (below) for texture styles I saw recommended by a post here in the forum.

https://www.mapeffects.co/free

Reminded me of art class in college I took learning about different media to produce a 3 dimensional texture.

Have fun!

PS omg, i just realized that was your post that included Josh's website, lol.
    Last edited by spacegekko; 08-21-2022 at 08:03 PM. Reason: New Info