Thread: Modern Maps: Air Routes Within Canada

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Default Modern Maps: Air Routes Within Canada

I'm not sure if this is the right section of the Forum for this, but here goes.

Thanks to a recent job interview for a graphic design job, inspiration from grade school hit me. Why not try to update an old favourite from my grade school atlas about domestic air travel within Canada? This is part of a map I've been designing with help from assets from Maptorian. I was specifically inspired by a map in the old Dent's Canadian School Atlas devoted to Canadian airline connections across the country, as well as by the above-mentioned job interview.

I'm making this with Adobe Illustrator CS4, in case you're wondering. It still needs some work on knitting together missing connections that I know to exist.

A specific goal is to show as many "short-hop" connection options as possible. Cross-country runs such as Vancouver-Toronto, Calgary-Toronto, Montréal-Vancouver, etc. are being deliberately omitted. Also, I am pointedly ignoring the question of which airlines are handling which connections.

Airline Map of Canada - In Progress - 22 Aug 2022
    by Dwight Williams, on Flickr

#wip #Canada #airlines #maps #cartography #airtravel #modernmaps
    Last edited by DEWLine; 08-23-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse