Thread: Double Commission -- World and (Large) Continent

Post Double Commission -- World and (Large) Continent

Hi, I've been into worldbuilding for several years now and have a fairly-well developed world I've used for several home games. Sadly, my artistic skills are not where I would like them to be, so as a workiversary present I've decided to reach out to find someone who lacks that problem

Covers Both:

Deadline: Flexible. Obviously would prefer sooner over later, but I don't have a schedule.
    Copyright: I would like commercial use, including small edits to place cities, landmarks, etc. as needed
    Quality: Professional, would prefer Vector unless that's punishing towards cost/detail, looking for poster-scale print.
    Style: Slightly fantastical in the "Here there be dragons" sense, I would like geography to be fairly realistic, ex. rain shadow deserts, plate tectonics, etc. If something doesn't work with that in the attached samples, please correct me. And feel free to interpret them very liberally in the name of making them look better.
    Size: 3'x4' each, but full print DPI is overkill. 18"x24" and blowing it up at the printer is fine.
    Price: $250 total for both, willing to go higher for extra detail, decoration, etc.

Details (names, terrain types, apparent fantastical effects, etc) for most regions present in the map's scale will be provided by DM to avoid cluttering the post.

Map #1 -- Global

Original map attached:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	134167

Style: Double globe projection with either detail insets or decorations in the voids, example: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/EkQAA...ixR/s-l500.jpg
    However unlike example focus should be on terrain over thorough labeling of cities and polities, example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolo...ections_SW.jpg
    Color palette preferably hews closer to the desaturated, old Victorian look.

Scale: Full globe is noticeably larger than Earth, ~27,000mi. Final scale of 1in = ~600mi

Map #2 -- Continental

Original map attached:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maratin Map1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	134168

Continent was recently the battleground of a World War-scale conflict, with heavy supernatural WMD use pushing large regions of it into post-apocalyptic territory. Map would ideally present as an in-universe reconstruction from pre-war maps attempting to account for known battles and campaigns, with heavy application of "Here there be Dragons"-style inclusions for areas known to have been affected but in presently-unknown ways.

Scale: Supercontinent, ~12,000mi. Final scale of 1in = ~250mi

Hello, if you need to bring this to a realistic professional work with lot of detail, scale, quality and commercial rights you might have to heavily revise your price offer, in any case if you are interested you can check my pf and you in case you like it contact me there too.

Hey there,

I would be interested in talking with you more about your commission request if you are interested you can check out my past work on my website here. Feel free to email me at ralarismaps@gmail.com I will reach out via discord as well just incase.

Hi LittleKingsguard,

I have made maps before in the saturated Victorian style, even with hatched topography which might fit with the look you're going for. You can check out some of my maps on my Instagram and my website portfolio if you're interested. You can contact me at freddie.winckless@gmail.com if this all sounds good for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and I hope your search goes well!

Cheers,
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

Hello,

While I'm interested in the offer, as Naima said, considering you are looking for a commercial license I believe the budget needs reviewing.

I'm a long time rpg gamer and have made several homebrew maps for games and novels. You can take a look at my work on the links below.

https://www.deviantart.com/thedwarfa.../69837542/maps
    https://www.instagram.com/sergio_colautti/

If you are interested to work with me you can reach me out at sergiocolauttiart@gmail.com

Cheers!

Post Taken

Commission has been taken.