Thread: Firenzze -

Guild Member Facebook Connected Brendo's Avatar

Default Firenzze -

I visited Florence (Italy) in January 2019, during an exchange program in Europe. Since then, the city has populated my cartographic imagination. Years later, a history teacher friend of mine, whose brother lives in Florence, commissioned this art from me.

It is the city of Florence in a stylized version, with codes that only he can decipher.

It was made from real plans and maps, but I needed to simplify the streets and roads in order to focus on the landscape. I also added the iconography referring to the main tourist attractions and cultural heritage.

In my work, I like to give the perspective and experience of the landscape. That's why the oblique view angle is my favorite.
    Unfortunately the image quality leaves something to be desired with the zoom, so it's a work to be appreciated from a distance!
    It was hand-drawn, scanned and the background was added using Photoshop. Hope you like it!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Florença pequeno.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	9.21 MB 
ID:	134129  

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Love the details and that border is gorgeous. Those are a lot of buildings!

Also, are the green lines and tiny words supposed to be there (there being just right of the bottom right hand corner of the region map)? If so, than the words are getting drowned out big time by the building behind them.

Great work, very historical style. Florence is definitely one of my favourite cities (I've been lucky to go there twice).

As Florence resident I can only be proud of your work!!
    Most of the names are misspelled but I don't care, it's always nice when they draw your city!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Brendo's Avatar

Thank you for you comment! I get the information the client told me, so I'm sorry for the mispelled names