Thread: First attempt at Fantasy Mapping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default First attempt at Fantasy Mapping

Greetings Hivemind,

I have had this seed festering for a long time and I have tried to revive it and jump in to learn Gimp and assemble a DnD Homebrew I call "The Adapted Realm". I assembled a bunch of different shapes and was able to draw out the attached and then add land and water (which I know needs some work, but again I am just figuring it out). I am very happy with what I got so far but what I am not so confident in is the scale of the center of the map. My thought would be the equivalent of 4-6 11x17 sheets that would be the northern hemisphere and the same for the southern. Should I consider enlarging the center land masses? The majority of my current homebrew is within the center of the map and hope to have players expand the lore of the other sections which are showing in the colored image (which is not finalized at all). What are some things that I should consider when it comes to scaling the map? Some of the islands I have ideas as individual city type areas. My goal is to present a decent visual of the world the adventures currently take place.

Thank you in advance for any input (good or bad).

NYT8er
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR9Line.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	4.57 MB 
ID:	134370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR9.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	134371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adapted19-02 Areas Color.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	368.6 KB 
ID:	134372