Thread: Map of Discworld

Map Map of Discworld

This is a fun piece I did a while back of Discworld from Terry Pratchett's famous fantasy series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Discworld.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	134430  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Very cool! Nice style, too.

A great piece! We really need more Discworld maps.

I'm not a huge fan of the large white stroke around the labels (I personally like to use one that is either the same colour or a slightly lighter shade than the area around it), but other than that the style works well. Carta Marina is one of my favourite typefaces right now, definitely a good choice here too. I also love how you drew A'Tuin, especially the head.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    A great piece! We really need more Discworld maps.

I'm not a huge fan of the large white stroke around the labels (I personally like to use one that is either the same colour or a slightly lighter shade than the area around it), but other than that the style works well. Carta Marina is one of my favourite typefaces right now, definitely a good choice here too. I also love how you drew A'Tuin, especially the head.
    Thanks! I've stopped doing white outlines on text lately favoring your approach. It's hard sometimes to find a balance between the labels standing out enough to read and the labels blending into the artwork.