Hello everyone!

Three years ago, after 37 years of waiting I was fortunate enough to join up with a local D&D campaign. It was a very fun experience, but after COVID-19 firmly established itself and my wife and I had our second baby I couldn't devote the same amount of time as before while the rest of the group started going their own ways after things started opening back up.

But the bug had bit me! I kept buying RPG systems to scratch the itch and stumbled upon Monster of the Week.

A bit of background - I'm a civil engineer who specializes in transportation with a touch of GIS work here and there. As a kid I used to buy new atlases every year and would ride shotgun with my dad navigating on road trips. I love maps and I love cities and I love weird stuff. So obviously Monster of the Week spoke directly to my soul.

But, no time to devote to actually running a campaign. But then I realized - maps. I can make maps without letting anyone down because one of my kids is sick or my wife needs me to take over for an afternoon.

And so here I am. For the time being I'm still looking at the different software available. And being inspired by the truly awesome talent on this board. Happy to be here and I look forward to meeting folks!