• The Eternal Isles, by Ifrix

7 100.00%
  • The Littlest Prison, by waldronate

0 0%

Thread: October 2022 Challenge: Map an Underworld - Voting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    We could do a monthly competition that works like the atlas awards, giving out awards for the best maps posted to finished maps. This would allow someone like me to be more involved in competitions as the work that I'm doing for my commercial projects would also be eligible for awards. It would also be good to see the atlas awards again, I was looking forward to them earlier this year but they never ran. Focusing on this might bring in more members and make the challenges viable again.
    That sort of thing takes a lot of work I think. I know the Atlas Awards do. In addition gathering the monthly maps posted in the finished maps forum would yield many many maps. There is at least 1 a day, generally more. I think the ideal solution would be one that a)lessens the mod workload, and b)generates specific interest rather than a passive interest (of gathering likes etc.).

What I like about the challenges is that everyone is sort of running a similar race, and also they give direction and themes, and also can offer a chance to try unfamiliar territory that they otherwise might not venture into.

-----------------------------------------------

The Discord is great but it's so transitory which is both it's strength and weakness. I'm sure there is a bot or something that can post the challenges over there but I wouldn't really know how to set that up. Instead I am willing to post them over there.
    Last edited by Falconius; 11-21-2022 at 05:43 AM.