Thread: Looking for best way to compress large maps for online VTT use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does it have to be a single image file? Might it be redesigned to consist of a relatively low resolution top-level file (I mean one that is sparse in the types of information that it shows. I don't mean using a lower-percentage jpg resolution), while containing links to more detailed regional images?

Alternatively, does it have to be a bitmapped image (jpg or png format)? Vector images (.svg format) can be much more efficient, depending on the image design.
    Selden

Blog Entries

The files are trash and broke Photoshop. I can't do anything with them. I had to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. I have to start over from scratch with this map. I'm going to try lower resolutions and such and see if it works better. It's just frustrating.

As for the single image file, yes. It is a dungeon and I'm not going to make each room it's own map. I could break it up somehow, but it would be less than ideal once in the VTT.

File type will be webp in the end. I will export it from photoshop as a jpg or png then convert it to webp. Vector is not an option.

Thanks for responding!