Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
BEautyfull , what are the things you focused on as change of style? Or things that took you more time to do ?
Definitely the colouring. It may be hard to believe, but it is my weakest point when drawing. I always struggle a lot. I never studied proper theory about colours, and it is extremely hard for me to choose the right colour and mix and blend them together. I always delete them a lot and start over and it is taking me forever to finally come up with something I like.
With tis map, thou maybe not so obvious, I try to mix and blend a lot of colours on one layer for the entire map except forests.
The other thing i did differently than usual is linework. Almost everything is different form my previous work. Mountains, hills, forests (slightly) and a lot of terrain elevation that is more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
Looks very nice. Reminds me a lot of l'Arpenteur's (DBCartography) style.
Thank you Kell. Yes, I guess so, Initially I wanted to go for something along Augustinas kind of a map. however, I soon realised that the colouring as well as coming up with such inventive intricate maps is way beyond my skills. I also had few references from legendary J.E. maps. The one that have nice elevation variations.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
I love everything about this map... Border, mountains, forests, volcano, desert, labels... I would vote for it for the atlas awards !
Thank you so much. However, I think there are way more talented people here that deserve the atlas award.