Thread: CC3 vs Photoshop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Well as others have pointed out there are a number of things to consider:

1. Budget
    2. Purpose
    3. Artistic skill
    Sure. But the comparison basis is wrong. This isn't really a question of a choice between Photoshop and CC3+, which always will be an apples and oranges comparison. The issue really is the question of whether one wants to make one's own maps from bottom up with programs such as Photoshop, the GIMP, etc., or whether one wants to use a cartographic tool like CC3+, Dundjinni, Other World Mapper, MapForge, FM8, etc.

They're two different worlds of cartography. Some live more comfortably in one, some more comfortably in the other, and some even go back and forth between both. By and large, one will find that the fastest maps were made with one of the cartographic applications, and the best maps in most cases were made with one of the graphical applications ... although I certainly acknowledge that there have been Dundjinni and MapForge maps posted here that reach Photoshop/GIMP quality levels. I can't says the same for CC3+, FM8 or OWM maps ... which are the tool category that I use personally.

Servus,
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 07-01-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Illiteracy
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project