Thread: Newbie in dire need of feedback and motivation.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hi Coco,

I'm Omri. Great to have you on here. I read your story and well, there are things I definitely identify with. I once had quite the drought of people to talk to about my hobby. I know it can be rough.

Anyway, I was checking out your maps and your love for three continents It is sometimes hard to try something else. But, I'd suggest forcing the new challenge, since it creates new neuron pathways. For example, somewhere I created a semi world map Tai Vior, I could have left it at that and it would have just been another world map without any major names. BUT then I thought, what if I zoomed into a part and see what kind of conflicts would arise from the geography in that region. And thus I started fleshing out that one part of the world, Shai'Gidon Land of the Twin Bridges, and indeed because of the shape of the land interesting stories sprung up. Now there are multiple places that I want to map out because of those stories that sprung up.

First just a few towns, but then I made a deal with myself, for a while I had to write a sentence of lore for a place on the week days. And before I knew it, I had dozens more stories that sprung up over this smaller area of the wider world of Tai Vior. Now I am busy with the region next to it.

So, in short, if you feel unmotivated, form small habits. And I mean start small. Write one sentence of lore daily, if you write more then awesome. But one is fine Or add drawing to that too. But small habits help in motivating It did for me.

Good luck on your adventure, and hope to hear from you around these parts
    Cheers,
    Omri
    Last edited by XCali; 11-29-2022 at 02:42 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19