Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What happened???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The exchange that we have there, in this thread, is the very symbol of the values and the advantages that there are with this guild site: constructive exchanges, sharing of experience and life situations, all that in an atmosphere of trust and kindness (with also the ease of following a conversation started more than 15 days ago).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the guild site is one of the rare (the only?) place on the internet where I find all these values that are dear to me... This is why the finding of the decline in activity and audience (is it true?) is quite sad.

I share the experience that several members of the guild have testified to on this thread: a complicated situation at work, the shock of the pandemic, a growing feeling of isolation, division, distance and the loss of dear friendships . The motivation to create maps and imaginary worlds is still there with me, but the availability of spirit has decreased, as has the time available (I think I had to move on to other leisure activities more "engaging for the mind", which allow me less to think about my situation... Before, when I drew the trees of a big forest, my mind escaped. Today, it constantly comes back to reality and diverts me from drawing

All these observations are hardly encouraging... but I hope (sometimes I am even sure of it) that my availability of spirit will return and that I will find time and energy to resume drawing maps. I know that the interest is still there, hidden deep inside me, and that I continue, from time to time, to work for a few minutes on one or other of the projects that are on hold and that I take pleasure in.

I know that I continue (less than before, it's true) to come here, to the guild, to admire the latest maps published, to greet one or another member, vote for one or another map in a challenge. Each month (less now, due to the new challenge schedule), I hope that the theme of a challenge will captivate me and blow on the ashes of my motivation and awaken the cartographer in me who has fallen asleep a little.

My dearest wish is that the guild continues to exist, if possible in the form of this forum (which corresponds better to my habits of an old man). I dream that "the ancients ones who have disappear" will come back one day and, with their wonderful maps, their advice so wise, their encouragement so rich in motivation, give hope and courage to all those who have lost it (including me).

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I still need to do The Steammancer's Folly Part Two map, which honestly, feels like a millstone round my neck even after all this time. It makes me feel like such a charlatan getting that challenge medal when I never even finished the brief.
    I hope you get around to this one day! The first one is a favorite of mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234