I can give my perspective here. I used to be fairly active, both on the forum and within my own mapmaking. And then... life happens. You map less, you visit the forums less, a pandemic grips the world, and you suddenly find that a site and a hobby you once enjoyed has faded from your routine. I still like maps, but I can't seem to find the time to make my own, or even interact with the forums. At least, not regularly...

Definitely it is as Kellerica and RedRobes say: internet changed, pandemic happened, world keeps moving... But also, it's a bit more personal: the beauty of this forum was that it felt like a social space. You knew the people. I joined when the likes of Max, Arsheesh, Ramah, J.Edward, Schwarzkreuz, Azelor, MistyBeee were around (and so many others). Most of them seem to be gone, now, and so it feels like I don't know this place anymore. I'm glad to see RedRobes, Ilanthar, Kellerica, Diamond are still here, but most of the 'old faces' I knew have left, and that just saps the motivation to return.

I don't know if that helps. It's a bit "doom and gloom". I'd like to return more often, but I know that promise means nothing until I actually show up and post things regularly. But, for what it's worth, that's my take on the status of the Guild nowadays :/

Wingshaw