Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
If you're talking about ProFantasy's Fractal Terrains product, the temperature is roughly based on the planet's axial tilt, atmosphere model, and altitude at a given point. The rainfall map is based more or less on temperature. The big missing element in both of those items is any kind of global wind or water currents. There are random noise fields added to both rainfall and temperature to give them some visible variance, but the model is point-evaluated with no global effects.

I was young and stupid and made sure to point out that the climate model was oversimplified and shouldn't be considered as much more than a very rough starting point from which users could edit in their own deserts and other such things. Sadly, I failed to reckon with the user base's insistence on not reading documentation and have been hearing endless complaints about how FT's climate model "just isn't very realistic" or things to that effect.
Thankyou! It wasn't a complain on my part but just wanted to know if I can take into consideration both for heat and rainfall the elevation model and the axial tilt ... if those are reliable I can work on the influence of the coriolis winds and currents.