Hello there,

I'm a fantasy writer looking for some help finessing a world map.

Summary
I have an Earth-like fantasy world that I've designed the landmasses for. This has been done over a few years to get them to a point that I'm happy with them, but they're still very much in draft form until this next stage of the project is complete. What I'm looking for now is someone to take this map and adjust it to include topographical features (such as mountains, rivers, lakes...) and the resulting biomes across the globe. There are a few specific areas that I'd like to achieve a particular environment for, and I'm comfortable making some changes to the map to make it so.

Once the natural geography and climate are clear, I'll be able to create detailed regional maps from this global map and overlay political borders, cities, towns, roads and artificial landmarks. This project is just to produce the natural geography and climate for the world. If you're interested in the project and are looking for a longer-term relationship, please make that clear so we can find a balance that works for both of us.

What I'm looking for
  • A revised world map including topography and biomes, ideally in Wonderdraft
    Timeline: flexible - I'm not interested in stressful deadlines; this is meant to be fun
    Quality: high, professional; I'd like to do this once, and do it properly so we don't need to keep revisiting it
    Cost: within reason to achieve the result
    Copyright: I retain sole and complete ownership
    Style: traditional colour fantasy map - I'm flexible on the stylistic detail and would like it to come from you so it's something you enjoy and are proud of

What I already have to get things started
  • A draft world map in Wonderdraft, 8000 x 4000px
    Previous iterations of two of the topography and political environment on two of the continents, in Wonderdraft
    A flexible approach to getting a quality map that will set the foundation for a lifetime of stories and campaigns

I'm excited about this next stage of the worldbuilding that I'm doing - please reply in this thread to contact me or through private messages.

Please and thank you,
John