I agree about the river thing .. Chances are, one would need to train an A.I. specifically to follow the rules for mapmaking. ESPECIALLY the flow of rivers as well as anything that grows naturally.
I'm not giving myself any credit for these maps. I didn't do anything except for entering some vague keywords into midjourney. I wonder, though, how deep into detail one could go here. (Maybe something like: 2 continents, one in the west one in the east, the western one having features A, B, C, D, E, F in positions 1,2,3,4,5,6 and the eastern [etc..]
Text currently seems to be an issue, too. Midjourney has been trained patterns as to where to place text. However, its ideas of what letters or even full words do look like are a mess at best. (This shows pretty good, too, when you task it to create a company logo or something. The graphical part usually is stellar - accompanied by inferior text).

These two maps presented are "Chaos". That's a nice term. Because they are. However, if you turn the creaiton process around and start with a map like this, you could make for an interesting world. (Got an explanation for mountains consisting of water?)

Kind regards,
Kai