Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Hint Thread!

Blog Entries

Well at least around where I live - and I do live among the druids.... I don't recall them getting out for the equinoxes at spring and fall, but they do make a big deal about the solstices. Its clearly about seasonal changes in some form but maybe its just a winter map. A winter themed map challlenge would be pretty cool...

I think Redrobes has the right idea. I think it's something about the length of days getting shorter up till the winter solstice, i.e. the shortest day. Maybe it's map some standing stones during a solstice showing the light & shadow.

Or maybe it's that hairy guy's backbones....
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Propiciatory winter ritual.

I will go out on a limb here (druidic pun intended) and say map a calendar since that is one theory about what stone henge is.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

OK, so it's a fantasy map where the druids are performing a ritual to reverse the passage of time. Tattooed on a polymorphed, bear-form druid's back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astronomical/Constellation Map?

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Well at least around where I live - and I do live among the druids.... I don't recall them getting out for the equinoxes at spring and fall, but they do make a big deal about the solstices. Its clearly about seasonal changes in some form but maybe its just a winter map. A winter themed map challlenge would be pretty cool...
    I'm sure there are some druidy types around here. There are some flint knappers as well. Yours only get wrecked on substances during the solstices? Man, what about the equinoxes and the quarter day feasts like Imbolc, Samhain Beltane and the other one?
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    DECEMBER 2023 CHALLENGE HINT #2
    Time to get the druids to align the Henge in preparation for this challenge
    So if this is intentional, you've gone from #2 to #2 like the clock going from 0259 to 0200 on clocks back day.

Map a missing hour of some kind?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I'm sure there are some druidy types around here. There are some flint knappers as well. Yours only get wrecked on substances during the solstices? Man, what about the equinoxes and the quarter day feasts like Imbolc, Samhain Beltane and the other one?
    Not too many flint knappers here - not a lot of flint here to be honest. Its more carvers of bog wood. And they shut the road for a Beltane procession around here as well. Do you get the Mummers over your side too ? Haven't seen (or heard) them for a few years but I know they do their thing starting about this time of year.

I think there's a Morris Dancing and Mummers group in Norwich but I've never been about anywhere they've raided.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast