Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by Larion View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alagaesia Reimagined.png 
Views:	959 
Size:	6.71 MB 
ID:	135012

This is a recreation of the map of Alagaesia from the Eragon and the Inheritance Cycle books, by Christopher Paolini.

There was a livestream earlier this week where the author mentioned some upcoming news for the series. After watching, I decided I wanted to try recreating the map of Alagaësia in my own style. I used to post more often here in the past, but kind of fell out of the habit as the years went on. I have more maps posted on my Deviant Art page.

I created this over the course of 2 days in Photoshop. I made a few tweaks to rivers and to mountain shapes due to the change in the artistic style, but other than that it's as faithful to the original map as I could make it.

Let me know what you think! Feedback is always appreciated.

This is so cool!
    As a big fan of the books and a visual learner I always love seeing maps and stuff like this as companions for series. Are you planning to post somewhere and tag the author? I've found since they often have smaller followings they're more likely to respond to stuff like this

Blog Entries

I posted it originally on Reddit, and the author saw the map and gave me several great compliments on it. I've been riding that high for the past 2 weeks, haha.