Okay, so I'm not a Dungeon Master, but I have been trying to get info on what should consist a first session and considering it is a dangerous location. PLEASE let me know how I can refine this if you have lots of experience as a DM.

To name a few things a Dungeon Master could add to the Gondola Lift to better give level 1 players a chance at surviving the first few nights in the dangerous mist-filled forest:
1. Survival equipment: Providing the players with basic survival equipment such as a map, compass, and a few days worth of food and water would give them a better chance at surviving in the forest.
2. Basic weapons: Giving the players basic weapons such as short swords, spears, or bows and arrows would help them defend themselves from the dangerous creatures that may be lurking in the forest.
3. Tools: Providing the players with tools such as a hatchet, a saw, and a small shovel would allow them to gather resources and build shelter in the forest.
4. Light sources: Providing the players with light sources such as lanterns or torches would help them navigate through the dark and mist-filled forest.
5. First aid kit: Providing the players with a basic first aid kit would allow them to treat injuries and illnesses they may sustain while in the forest.
6. Provisions for camping and shelter: Providing the players with basic camping gear such as tents, and bedrolls, and other shelter-making materials, such as tarps or large leaves, would also help them survive in the forest. Since the adventurers would have had some of these on them for the journey after the gondola ride.

I feel this hits the mark? I'm not too sure what else needs to be added.

For the encounter.
The monsters that could attack at nightfall when the deep fog rolls in, let's try this list. Tell me which would work and which wouldn't.
• Goblins: These small, green-skinned humanoids are known for their love of mischief and trickery. They can be found living in small tribes or in underground warrens. They are relatively weak individually, but can pose a threat in large numbers.
• Wolves: These large, predatory animals are a common sight in many forests. They hunt in packs and can be dangerous to low-level characters who are not well-equipped to defend themselves.
• Giant Spiders: These large arachnids can be found in many forests and caves. They are known for their venomous bites and are a common source of fear among adventurers.
• Skeletons: Undead creatures that can be found in many different environments, including forests. They can be a dangerous threat to low-level characters, especially if they are encountered in large numbers.
• Boggard: Amphibious humanoids that can be found in swamps and marshes, but also can live in the forest. They are known for their aggressive and territorial nature and can pose a significant threat to low-level characters.
• Stirges: Tiny bloodsucking creatures that can be found in many different environments, including forests. They are known for their small size and speed, making them difficult to hit.

In a misty, forested setting like this. For something less common, let's try this list and see what you guys think?

• Shadow Mastiffs: these are undead dogs that lurk in the shadows and fog, and can phase through solid objects.
• Giant Centipedes: these can be found in many different D&D settings and are a classic low-level monster.
• Will-o'-Wisps: these are mischievous spirits that lure travelers into dangerous areas with their ghostly lights.
• Bog Beasts: these are monsters that live in bogs or swamps, and can be adapted to fit a misty forest setting.
Additionally, you may want to add some kind of mist monster, like a Fog Elemental, or a Mist Wraith which are undead creatures that dwells in misty places, attacks by draining the life force of creatures it comes in contact with.

So, the idea is:
In order to prepare for these threats, the players can use the Gondola lift crash site as a base to gather resources and construct makeshift weapons and armor. They could also set traps and alarms around their camp to warn them of approaching danger.

What needs to be added to the scenario that the players should be able to fend off most of these creatures and survive their first few nights in the forest, hopefully to set out to find the nearby village they saw from above the canopy?