Thread: Kaltheon - A map for Reyk the TTRPG

Default Kaltheon - A map for Reyk the TTRPG

Hello,

I've just finished working on a nice project for an upcoming new french TTRPG made by Editions Labragon.

Kaltheon is a world that demons threaten to conquer for the past 1500 years, since the Betrayal of Beilirius.
    The legions living in hell are climbing up the underdarks until reaching the Edge of the World of Kaltheon, with hopes of beaking through Delivrance, the great wall that was build to defense the united nations.
    Kaltheon is a world of danger where monsters are deadly and lurking in every shadows. To overcome that threats, scientists invented technology, that could benefit from being less chaotic that primordial raw magic, infusing armors and blades with living liquids that can help the user to run faster, climb better and fight stronger.

As an artist, I was asked to illustrate the ambivalance between magic and technology, and to give the sense to the reader that the world is both dangerous and full of wondrous.
    I was also asked to make an artwork that could show some wear and tears to better help the imagination of finding this map in a rich man's desk.

So here are the results, I hope you'll enjoy looking at it! I personnaly consider it as one of my most beloved work to date

Kind regards,
    L'Arpenteur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KALTHEON.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	135217
    Last edited by l'Arpenteur; 02-08-2023 at 07:56 AM.
    Thibaud J.B. - Astral booker of l'Arpenteur
    Cartographer and pathfinder of distant lands
    Website |Artstation Portfolio | Instragram | Reddit
    Tel: (+33)6 13 95 93 78
    Discord: l'Arpenteur#6822

Gorgeous, as your work always is! I really love the border on this, you really nailed the feeling of magic versus technology on this one. Amazing stuff!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Gorgeous, as your work always is! I really love the border on this, you really nailed the feeling of magic versus technology on this one. Amazing stuff!
    Thank you Kellerica, this is always so sweet of you!

Quote Originally Posted by l'Arpenteur View Post
    Hello,

I've just finished working on a nice project for an upcoming new french TTRPG made by Editions Labragon.

Kaltheon is a world that demons threaten to conquer for the past 1500 years, since the Betrayal of Beilirius.
    The legions living in hell are climbing up the underdarks until reaching the Edge of the World of Kaltheon, with hopes of beaking through Delivrance, the great wall that was build to defense the united nations.
    Kaltheon is a world of danger where monsters are deadly and lurking in every shadows. To overcome that threats, scientists invented technology, that could benefit from being less chaotic that primordial raw magic, infusing armors and blades with living liquids that can help the user to run faster, climb better and fight stronger.

As an artist, I was asked to illustrate the ambivalance between magic and technology, and to give the sense to the reader that the world is both dangerous and full of wondrous.
    I was also asked to make an artwork that could show some wear and tears to better help the imagination of finding this map in a rich man's desk.

So here are the results, I hope you'll enjoy looking at it! I personnaly consider it as one of my most beloved work to date

Kind regards,
    L'Arpenteur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KALTHEON.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	135217
    2023 candidate for favorite world map!

That is an outstanding map. As Kell said, you have really nailed the magic/technology with exceptional buildings and the frame is encompassing it all together very neatly.
    Kudos!
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

wonderful map, and the frame is incredible, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    2023 candidate for favorite world map!
    That's so sweet, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    That is an outstanding map. As Kell said, you have really nailed the magic/technology with exceptional buildings and the frame is encompassing it all together very neatly.
    Kudos!
    Buildings was indeed one of the focus of the project. Had to design so many! Phew...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    wonderful map, and the frame is incredible, well done!
    Thank you!