Greeting all!

I'm new to cartography, save some doddles over the years for various world-building projects. I found this site a few years back when I was looking for some maps to adapt for an old D&D Campaign and love the amazing artwork and level of craft displayed throughout the site!

I have been a lover of fantasy fiction for most of my life and through that developed an unhealthy appreciation for good world-building. There is a world project I've been playing with for nearly 30 years but have no good maps for it yet. Once I have practiced the craft a little bit and developed my personal style I may tackle it. In the meantime, I've just "finished" my first full color map for a new D&D campaign, which I'll post later in the appropriate forum. I threw it together quickly using ideas from previous campaigns, my own world project, and even a few inspirations from this site (I despise designing cities so the cities and town maps here are great tools). Although (or maybe because) I'm an IT professional of 20+ years, I prefer doing it by hand rather than electronically--playing around with Micron pens and gouache for the first time.

In any case, this is my first post and I hope serves as an adequate introduction. If you have questions, go for it.

EverKing