Thread: Feb '23 Challenge: The Sabellian Binary System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    So math-y. So very math-y! I just make da pictures, but look at you getting all scientific. Looks good, and I love binary system layouts.
    Well, you know, math is one of the things I am moderately good at.

So, I made adjustments for the eccentricity of the planetary orbits and determined where they were at at the "moment of the snapshot." Now I have an interesting situation with three of those planets around the F class star. One drifts into the habitable zone for about a quarter of it's year, one spends about half of it's year in the habitable zone, and the third about 60 percent of it's year in the habitable zone.

I am thinking for those last two, there might have to be some migration IF they turn out to be habitable. Of course they WILL turn out to be just that just to keep things really interesting. Haha.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout WIP 002.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	135156

Oh, and did I mention that the last planet orbiting that K class star was eccentric enough that it darn near got itself tossed out of the system. Haha again.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 02-02-2023 at 11:24 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges