Thread: Looking for help building a fantasy worldmap for a dark fantasy ttrpg!

Default Looking for help building a fantasy worldmap for a dark fantasy ttrpg!

Greetings friends! Longtime lurker, and I finally find myself blessed with both time and money enough to warrant requesting help with a project!
    I've long held a campaign setting and would-be 3 piece novel setting in my mind; a passion project I've chipped away at for the better part of a decade.
    Now, with the encouragement of friends and loved ones around me I've decided to try to invest in this project a little more. The catch?
    I have Aphantasia; I cannot picture things in my mind whatsoever. Over the years I've learned to compensate for this in some ways - I've learned to overcompensate for a lack of visuals with writing, instead.
    But! This does still have its limitations. I struggle to inject creativity into places I cannot wrap my mind around, and part of that is visual.
    As such, I'm hoping to recruit the help of someone who can help work with my ideas, and inject some of their own as well.

My rough hopes here are for a world map of a continent or space roughly the size of Australia. If possible, I'd enjoy having the aesthetics and colours reflect a darker and more melancholy world.
    I am hoping to incorporate a mixture of biomes and landmarks rather than a more static or plain tone, including several unique provinces with their own flair and flavor.
    Of course, I have more details notes available for anyone eager to pick up this project! I also have a very, very loose draft made with WonderDraft mostly just to help me flesh out rough concepts, but it might be a decent launchpad as well.

Style

Style is a hard thing for me to articulate as I'm somewhat visually challenged!
    I've included links to a few maps I've referenced in the past for my own basic designs, but ultimately, an ongoing conversation would likely be the best way to flesh out details and style.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...8&d=1431573728
    - I love a lot about this map. I feel like the landmasses and unique features are very clean and easy to pull out of the map. The detail especially around the center crater is beautiful and I feel like there's a lot of story that could be made from the detail I see there. The overall style and aesthetic of this map is amazing, and as it pertained to my own project, this is excellent as a starting point (I'd have more biomes requiring more colour).

https://inkarnate-api-as-production....vJG5g1NdQNu3g1
    - Something about the attention to detail here, with the trees, hills and mountains especially, I find really exceptional. There's a lot of charm and character to it all without necessarily distracting from the overall important features of the map.

https://i.redd.it/jjhegz5ybl871.jpg
    - This one has that strong, melancholy aesthetic. I wish the names printed across the map were easier to see, but otherwise? The size? The bleakness? This is great.

Quality & Size

I am hoping for something as professional as possible, but I am not necessarily a stickler.
    Hypothetically, I'd hope to print out a huge version of this map in the future if my friends get the Dungeon ready for streaming. In practice, a large digital file is likely fine.
    As large as is reasonably possible. I don't have anything specific in mind.
    Vector, unless advised otherwise.

Time Constraints

I don't have any significant time constraints. This project isn't going to get off the ground in the coming weeks, so there isn't really a sense of urgency. If I'm being honest, I actually believe that going back and forth in discussion about ideas, and perhaps sneak peaks into WIP ideas and whatnot, will do more for me than anything else.

Copyright

I would need the ability to use the image liberally, and perhaps publicly. However, I do not need to hold unique ownership of your work, nor would I want to. As long as I have permission to preproduce and use the image where I need to (liberally crediting you of course) then I'll be satisfied. I'd rather you tell me what you're comfortable with here.

Contact Details

This is my first post here, so I believe you won't be able to contact me through direct message here yet. You may, however, try me at jon.north19_*! at !*_ gmail.com, or, hit me on Discord at Noble _*! # !*_ 6141. I work from home and I'm terminally online, so the latter would be the quickest.

Thank you very much for your consideration!

Guild Journeyer

I've sent you a friend request on Discord (Štrigun).

CHEERS!

You've got mail
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Email sent