Hey all! So I recently discovered a way to easily draw a whole bunch of "sight lines" (is that the word?) in Photoshop, all radiating from a single point.

Before, I would draw a shape, copy it, rotate that copy 1 degree, copy both, rotate the two new shapes 2 degrees, then copy all four, rotate the four new shapes 4 degrees and so on. It was a cumbersome process but once you've done it once, you can keep the result in a separate file and re-use it over and over again. But something I couldn't solve was how "heavy" and "slow" the file became. And then I stumbled onto this video by YouTuber Sour Planet. And gee whiz, that worked! So I threw in not one but three of those starbursts and got experimenting.

The first sketches looked like nightmarish renditions of massive hollow spaces, like this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023.02.07 - test 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	135280

After a few of those interesting, but terribly unexciting "space scapes" I decided to do a building from the outside. I went for a fortress on an island, a bit like the Sagahra Bridge map I did last year, but with true three-point perspective this time instead of the (much simpler, but slightly more boring-looking) isometric alternative. Messed around a bit more, rejected almost all of my early attempts and ultimately settled for this:

Name:	2023.02.15 - test 2c.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	135281

I know, I know: it has a lot in common, stylistically speaking, with the Sagahra map! But maybe they live in the same universe? Or maybe I just ripped myself off, so I'll make sure to send that copyright lawyer to me and have a ball . Anyhoo, I am happy with the layout so I started doing the inking. Here's where I'm at right now:

Name:	2023.02.15 - test 2d.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	870.2 KB 
ID:	135282