Thread: The Known World - Personal Project for my Homebrew Setting

Map The Known World - Personal Project for my Homebrew Setting

I've just finished up my first personal map in ages! I wanted to expand the world build for the homebrew setting I run for my D&D campaign and map out some of the other countries and realms that have been mentioned in-game. I was super torn for a while whether to go for a parchment style or a partial-colour map here, but I opted for this version in the end. I wanted it to feel as organic and "un-digital" as possible, something I want to achieve more going forward, and I went heavy on the texturing (big shout out to Kellerica, some of who's wonderful textures I've used here).

This map was created entirely in Procreate. I had a stab at hand-lettering it too - I'm not a calligrapher by any means, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Known_World.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	5.85 MB 
ID:	135582

I realy like the map. I always have problem with big maps, cause I always put a lot of information (visual and textual) and that's not the best. I envy those who could do such a clean work

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    I realy like the map. I always have problem with big maps, cause I always put a lot of information (visual and textual) and that's not the best. I envy those who could do such a clean work
    Thank you so much! I wanted to keep this one clean and simple, more of a political map just to show the locations of the different realms rather than any geographical features. I'm saving those for the kingdom maps!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Great map! Excellent border, nice colors, clean lettering, and very 'authentic'. Looking forward to seeing your kingdom maps.

This is exactly the kind of map I love! Dark, textured and atmosphere-heavy. It's the kind of map that tells you a lot about the world despite not having much detail. Love it. The lettering came out really nice too!

And very glad to see people are finding the textures useful!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm really loving these heavy texture looks lately