Thread: World Map Rework

Default World Map Rework

Project Scope

As I've been continuing to do worldbuilding and reworking my fantasy setting, I've found myself dissatisfied with the level of detail in my world map, as well as the layout of the world's topography and geography. I'm looking for someone experienced in creating realistic, detailed, and varied continents to assist in reworking this world's geography. This would include taking the existing shapes of the continents, but reworking where the various mountain ranges are as well as the rest of the world's topography, reworking the paths of major rivers (As well as their feeder rivers), and filling the resultant map out with new biomes.

Map Concept

Below are the maps that I've been using thus far for my setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coastline.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	135913

Name:	Terrain.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	5.44 MB 
ID:	135914

I'd like to keep the same configuration of continents, with three major landmasses all surrounding an inland ocean. I think it would be easiest to keep the coastlines as is, but I'm open to fiddling with them or adding islands as you find appropriate. What I'm more looking for is a reworking of the topography, biomes, and rivers of this world.

I have a few concepts that I'd be interested still seeing in the map, such as the major desert on the eastern continent forming from a major river being re-routed, but more of those can be discussed once we begin drafting. I'm imagining the top of the map to be close to the arctic circle, and the bottom of the map being close to the planet's equator, and I am hoping for a strong variety in biomes throughout the world.

Style

I don't need a highly polished map ready for publication. What's more important for this is that topography, rivers and lakes, and biomes are clearly delineated. I'm a fan of the one below (though obviously would want it without the city tags and names, as I'll be naming things later), but I'm open to a variety of styles as long as the geography is clear.

Name:	Graphic-Novel-Map.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	135915

Technical

I'm looking for something 8.5x11 at 300 DPI, but am willing to downscale based on price.

Deadline

Sooner is obviously better than later, but I'm not in a rush. I'd want a clearly defined deadline date but it doesn't have to be in a week.

Copyright

I prefer keeping the copyright, but this is negotiable.

Payment/Contact

I'm happy to pay half up front and half upon completion. Please find me at DM_MD on Discord or email tgatmmai--at--gmail.com, with your rates and examples of your work (I would prefer to see worlds you built yourself rather than art created for a client, unless you had a significant role in determining that world's geography).

Email sent