Thread: Do you know this cartographer?

Help Do you know this cartographer?

The following is an image that I originally found through the link https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...0&d=1351175708 that was posted on another site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galleon - The Last Vagabond.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	135950
    I am seeking the cartographer that did this quality work for the two following reasons:
    A) I would like to know if they have completed anything else like this in the past.
    B) It is the best ship-based map I have ever run into. While not perfect for my needs, I would be willing to commission changes to the map, or a completely new map that does fit my personal needs.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated.

It's pretty awesome. Is there an EJ Reed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Faeriemage View Post
    The following is an image that I originally found through the link https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...0&d=1351175708 that was posted on another site.

Name:	Galleon - The Last Vagabond.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	135950
    I am seeking the cartographer that did this quality work for the two following reasons:
    A) I would like to know if they have completed anything else like this in the past.
    B) It is the best ship-based map I have ever run into. While not perfect for my needs, I would be willing to commission changes to the map, or a completely new map that does fit my personal needs.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated.
    It appears EJ Reed is the Guild user Ashenvale who made this and other maps for Kobold Press: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...hlight=galleon

I don't think they've been active on these forums for a long time and I can't find a website for them on google. You might check out Daniel Hasenbros, who has some good ship maps if I remember correctly. Alternatively you can post on the commissions thread here on this forum and see if some of the cartographers here can help you out.

The best ship map I know of comes from hieronymos on Discord.

Who posts this quote on the process:
    a) ship decks are surprisingly blunt
    b) you wanna make ships, scour the internet for model plans to give you accurate proportions and you've already won, everything thereafter is just pure routine and polishing
    c) retrace the walls with a pattern on the outside to simulate the expanding hull of the ship. Makes it look so much more 3D
    I know he spent a very long time making sure this ship was accurate to the model he was recreating in DungeonDraft. I don't think he's here and I don't know if he has a portfolio as it's not listed in his Discord profile.

So if you want someone who's making maps currently and this EJ Reed isn't, maybe you should shoot him a DM on Discord!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Default Well..

While that is definitely a pretty rendition of a ship from the top down, the water seen through every open access to the lower deck and the sails that prevent use as an actual map makes me much more interested in the other suggestion of the previous poster.

I don't know if they hang out here but there is a mapper called Limithron who has done quite a few ship maps ...
    Not sure if they would be open to a commission to adapt any, but you might find one or a variation of one that works for you
    https://www.limithron.com/

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 9.21.17 am.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	8.01 MB 
ID:	135992