Thread: 1920's Esque Fantasy World

Post 1920's Esque Fantasy World

Hello, I'm 15 and don't have a debit card or a way to pay USD but I could pay you with a picture of my cool Hermann's Tortoise named Mango. He is a good tortoise. If you have any other way of getting paid other than USD I could try to do that. I'm trying my best with what I've got, ight? Anyway, cartography am I right?

I'm writing a story that has been bouncing around in my head since I was 12 and no map I can make can give justice to what I've always dreamed of. I really do hope I can get published one day, but a 15 year old's fantasy story won't be hitting shelves anytime soon. Nevertheless, I still want to try and put together my story. However, I suck at map-making and was wondering if someone could help me.

The story takes place in an alternate world reminiscent of the 1920's. Old cars, radios, massive cameras - you get the gist. The blurb for the story I came up with is "The world is changing and heading towards a new era, and with it the rift between those on top and those who serve them grows ever larger. With each coming day, people from across the world start to open their eyes and confront the realization that the power and energy that flows through their world isn't exclusively harnessable by royalty." If you want I could explain the details of the universe and what not but that isn't necessary.

Honestly, a lot of the map is up to creative freedom geography wise (I'm not an honor roll student who is knowledgeable in how land forms are formed.) I just need a few countries, a distinct North and South or East and West, and a cool setting. I'm on Discord at Nichk#7856 if you want to talk.

Thank you for taking time to read this and I do apologize for the whole... everything but I am really excited to finally start writing the story I've been daydreaming about for years!

Free Dog Picture Upon Discord Message

Guild Member

Since you already said alternate world, an easy way to do this would be set it in an alternate Earth. Switch up some history & how things work. Then just go with old 20's era maps from the real world. Maybe switch up some names using photoshop or something. This would allow you to use resources you could probably find free online. Just make sure it's open source or something like that if you hope to possibly publish. To avoid lawsuits & accusations of theft of others work. Hope this was of some help to you.