Thread: Human Heart Shaped Island Map for a Minecraft Film

Default Human Heart Shaped Island Map for a Minecraft Film

I need a map to be used in a Minecraft film, and so I can design a Minecraft world based off of the map. Disclaimer: *YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MINECRAFT*

I'm brand new to this cartography stuff so I thought it would be easiest to get someone highly experienced to do it for me.

Human heart drawing here:
    https://ak.picdn.net/offset/photos/5...dium/photo.jpg
    There's meant to be a much larger landmass above the heart island and some islands scattered around the heart island to make it seem a little more realistic and a little less obvious that it's a heart shape. It would be even better if the lines within the heart (like the veins and large vessels) were things like rivers, mountain ranges, etc. Between the larger landmass and heart, there's also supposed to be a crack in the earth (like maybe 1/2 a mile to a mile across and it should extend from horizontal end to end of the map). The oceans on both sides are just draining into the void and it cuts off parts of the two landmasses. The larger landmass above the heart island is hills of grasslands with scattered trees (for the section that's exposed).

What I'm looking for:
    Someone who can do the previously mentioned things and position biomes/locations in a specific/semi-realistic way on a map. (So then I can also turn it into a Minecraft map later)
    It would be great to get someone who knows how the geography would affect climate and making everything seem to follow the geographic patterns that we have on Earth (like where deserts are located in relation to things like mountains, where rivers would naturally flow, calculating the elevation of certain areas to make the rivers happen, etc.)

Details:
    Some of the locations need to be at certain places. Like at the bottom of the heart (where the character in the film starts his journey), there's a land that's called the deadlands. Where nothing grows and all life has withered away. Of course, this doesn't really match reality but it has a specific purpose within the story. At the top of the heart below the larger landmass (which I'll call the promised land), there's rivers of lava, ash, and smoke (think Mordor). Because there's got to be foreshadowing and symbolism for a fight that occurs on the bridge that traverses over the crack in the earth between the landmasses.

Here are more various details/ideas I scribbled down earlier:
    The desert related things should maybe be towards the bottom (to make the journey harder towards the beginning). And to symbolize progress when you finally reach areas of growth.
    The greener, more peaceful pastures should be near the middle and/or a little higher than that
    Several mountains and mountain ranges throughout. 1 mountain range should be snowcapped and impassable so Steve has to go underground (so I can design some insanely cool caverns or whatever in Minecraft) whereas the other can be climbed.
    We'll discuss this, but it would be great to have the arrangement of locations serve the story.
    Essentially, the journey from the bottom to the top should go from very difficult, to it’s getting better, to it progressively getting harder again (with some variability). So the desert has an oasis, the “easy” places to travel have their set of difficulties. If you have ideas on types of ruins or fantastical things to include, let me know (think endless pit from the movie 300).

Here are types of locations to include:
    - Massive mountain
    - Mountain ranges
    - Snow capped mountains
    - Hills
    - Valleys
    - Dune
    - Desert
    - Oasis
    - Canyon
    - Plateau
    - Savannah
    - Rivers
    - Creeks
    - Marshes
    - Waterfall
    - Plains
    - Snowy plains - Maybe
    - Flowery Pastures
    - Forest
    - Great oak forest
    - Jungle
    - etc

It could also have locations that wouldn't be in real life. Not like some sort of fairy land by any means. But types of locations that are breathtaking. Having locations that lend themselves well to beautiful shots is encouraged.

I have some bad sketches and concept images. And there's more information to know so reach out to me. Price is also something to discuss. You can reply to this thread and/or reach out to me at pryorgamingwork@gmail.com.

Blog Entries

I might also add that if you can get the map done in 3D as a DEM then you might be able to auto convert it to Minecraft blocks. I know that somebody did that to the MeDem map and made a minecraft middle earth.

https://github.com/crinner/mc_dem_gen
    https://github.com/mpuig/minecraft_terrain

Default 2D map

Hmm a 3D map is an interesting idea but I’m specifically looking for a 2D map. Because the 2D version will be used as more than just a reference (not just for creating the Minecraft Map). Someone experienced with world painter for Minecraft can reference a 2D map and create a massive Minecraft world based off of it in a matter of a couple hours.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Isaiah,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Default Post Resolved

I don’t know how to take down a post on a forum but I got a guy for the job so don’t waste your time replying to this thread

Blog Entries

No problem - its marked as paid taken now.