Thread: Heya - CrynwrDrwg

Post Heya - CrynwrDrwg

Hello! I've been making maps more seriously for a few years now- though I spent some years as a child sketching various maps from fantasy books for fun.

I mostly like to make maps from video games as a hobby right now, but I've been trying to get into it all more seriously, and have even started projects to map out my country, Wales, to a high detail! Another project is my attempt to make a HQ map of Doggerland.

When I'm not working on my main projects, I work on maps for my author friends, or do some writing myself!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telvanni Peninsula Parchment - Edited - Smudged.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.54 MB 
ID:	135894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telvanni Peninsula - Color - Edited.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.43 MB 
ID:	135895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crynwr-drwg-tamriel-parchment-pathed-reduced.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	919.5 KB 
ID:	135896

Blog Entries

Prynhawn da and welcome to the guild. Your maps are very good and have great style. Your artistic ability is fine and it is good that you are enjoying your new hobby. One thing you might want to have a look at, and which almost all newcomers have some issues with, is the river placement and how normal rivers flow out to the sea. Now we all do fantasy mapping here so anything goes but if your trying to model reality (no magic !) then your rivers are a little improbable. But the style and detail are excellent and maps like these would do well in our friendly monthly challenges if you wanted to take part.

Looking forward to seeing more of them.