Project Scope:
As an independent author, I am seeking to create both a visual representation and a reference guide for my world. One which will inspire creativity in myself and my readers. I consider a world map to be the foundation upon which the broad strokes of a people's existence may be gleaned. Each biome has within it its own challenges, its own ecosystem, and its division of resources; truly, one's life is shaped by the environment of one's birth.

Setting:
I would like this to be a world in which a moon-sized satellite has made physical contact with and now rests upon the western hemisphere, the impact of which has undoubtingly reshaped and terraformed the whole world. This map should depict the regrowth of the world's ecosystem into a lush untrodden wilderness, now deprived of much of its old industrial modernizations. The impact site around the celestial body should be a vast wasteland, a desert of barren rock, perpetually in the shadow of this celestial body.

Design Concept:
Attached below are the basic concepts that I've created thus far, the general landmass, equators with various regions of vegetation, tundra, and deserts, the plate tectonics with the location of mountain ranges and volcanos. Do note that I am not looking for any text on this map, as I shall add those myself, I merely seek a talented cartographer to design the continents, topography, rivers, mountain ranges, deserts... etc similar to how Grim Hollows' Etharis was envisioned by Damien Mammoliti, John Stevenson, and Matthias Rothenaicher.

Number of maps:
One world map

Technical:
My main interest is in the RAW files in a PSD or PSB format, so that I may add to the various city-states, villages, hamlets, roads, and bridges. It would thus be required for the various topographic elements to be separated by folder and layers.
70” by 47” 300 dpi minimum. 21000 x 14008 PPI, PSB or PSD format.
Full color

Transfer of files:
As the file will be much too large for most conventional correspondence, I suggest that you provide me with a Google doc link, from where I may download the final product.

Copyright:
I do require written permission to retain the rights to the worldwide, royalty-free, use of the work for personal and commercial use. I may download, modify, print, and distribute this artwork in places such as social networks and blogs, and may commercially resell the art as reproductions of setting and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
Flexible. The Books are currently in development and I do not plan to publish until the winter of 2024.

Design Process:

Stage 1 – initial concept sketch – once approved - A rough sketch outlining the general layout of the map
Stage 2 – A 50% design development submittal for review – once approved - When the detailed line art is done to make sure the overall level of detail is right
Stage 3 – A 90% design development submittal for review – once approved - On rough colors to make sure the color scheme is right
Stage 4 – The final product.

Payment:
$400.00, payable via Paypal upon delivery and acceptance of the final files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also open to using an escrow site such as Sketchmob, which uses the following transaction method:

1) Client orders a custom art from an artist (via Paypal)

2) Payment is made and goes into escrow (they hold onto the money)

3) Artist gets Client’s photo, creates and delivers final High-Res art & Raw File

4) Client receives a low res proof to review and approve.

5) If Client is happy with the final artwork > Payment is released to the Artist minus a 15% processing fee.
Client can download High-Res image & Raw files, share with their social network or Order Prints.

5b) If Client is unhappy > Payment is fully refunded to the Client
Client cannot download their high res files, share or print their artwork.

6) Artists can withdraw their balance on our site to their Paypal account or order art on the site using their balance.

Contact
Christopher William O'Baugh
cobaugh646@yahoo.com
Please use the subject line Freelancing opportunity

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Globe.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	450.9 KB 
ID:	135899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Equator.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	135900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thectonics.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	135901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landmass.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	135902