Thread: Fyodrst

Map Fyodrst

Nestled in Lake Naamloos, this little island called Fyodrst is home to Fyodr Castle and Dorst Abbey, which is dedicated to the One Who Knows. Fyodrst forms part of Kastr Viscounty and is ruled by the Fyodr family. It has a population 300 people including the garrison and clergy. The island is quite fertile producing crops of wheat and fruit. Fruit trees are scattered throughout the island. It boasts soft, pearly white sandy beaches and a burly hill in its centre. The lighthouse on the Northeastern side of the island directs traffic to island which is sometimes shrouded in mist during autumn and spring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fyodrst_200dpi.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.97 MB 
ID:	135932

It is based on this AI generated map.

Attachment 135933

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    It is based on this AI generated map.

Attachment 135933
    Nice map! The attachment doesn't seem to work though.

Very nice, I really like how you've done the farmland on this one. I do notice that there's some blur around the castle and the lower section of the map, probably due to the page not being completely pressed against the scan bed when you were digitizing (assuming that you scanned this in). Also, I would have made the shadow for the blimp much smaller and further offset from the blimp to give the impression that it's high up in the sky; if you were going for the look that the blimp is at or very close to ground level though then ignore this though.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    Very nice, I really like how you've done the farmland on this one. I do notice that there's some blur around the castle and the lower section of the map, probably due to the page not being completely pressed against the scan bed when you were digitizing (assuming that you scanned this in). Also, I would have made the shadow for the blimp much smaller and further offset from the blimp to give the impression that it's high up in the sky; if you were going for the look that the blimp is at or very close to ground level though then ignore this though.
    Thanks. So, we learn. I scanned the map in. Will put some weight on the scanner for a closer scan next time. Thanks for spotting this.

The blimp... I realised my mistake after adding the shadow. At least it it doesn't destroy the map completely, but yeah I wanted it to be high up in the sky.
    View my website and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Nice map! The attachment doesn't seem to work though.
    Hopefully this works. I attached the map via the Tapatalk app.

Thanks. So, we learn. I scanned the map in. Will put some weight on the scanner for a closer scan next time. Thanks for spotting this.
    Weighing down the scanner lid can be a good way to go, or leaving the lid open and weighing down the page directly. I've found when scanning in my own work the scanner lid is often insufficient to get an acceptable level of contact with the scanner bed, especially if the watercolour has caused the paper to warp a lot, a nice heavy stack of books or magazines will usually sort this out. Just make sure the weight is fairly even and covers the surface completely and you should get a good scan.

The blimp... I realised my mistake after adding the shadow. At least it it doesn't destroy the map completely, but yeah I wanted it to be high up in the sky.
    It may not be too late to correct the shadow if you're unhappy with it. If you re-wet the watercolour in that area and either blot some colour away with a paper towel or blend the shadow into the water (you may need to add some more of the blue in the surrounding area as well) you can probably make it mostly disappear and then reapply the shadow where you want it. I would only try this if you've used quite a robust piece of watercolour paper though, a lower-quality piece of paper would probably just disintegrate.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like this! Great layout and it's logical, which I think is missing a lot of the time. As far as the blimp, if you look at the size of the balloon compared to the size of the castle, it may actually be fine; to my eyes it just looks like a zeppelin-size blimp hanging out just offshore. Maybe they're getting ready to drop a landing boat for a visit.

Hopefully this works. I attached the map via the Tapatalk app.
    Ah nice, a watabou generator map. Technically procgen, not AI

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Ah nice, a watabou generator map. Technically procgen, not AI
    Cool. I forgot its name