Thread: The Expanse: Ceres Station Hand Terminal Display

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Map The Expanse: Ceres Station Hand Terminal Display

This is my post-final map from the June 2023 challenge, Connect the Dots. It began as a map of a laser tag arena in response to the prompt of "connect the dots" (the image had to include a map that incorporated all of those red dots in the given order). After I put a lot of work into it, I wasn't feeling the 1980's neon. I was web surfing and came across The Expanse's Ceres Station transit system map, which had most of the same colors as my laser tag map. I decided to turn that into a visual of an emergency preparedness drill on the station, as seen on a hand terminal display. I churned out the hand terminal portion in a few hours in order to make the deadline for the challenge, but updated it a bit further in this final map.

Mostly hand-drawn and colored in Photoshop on a Wacom Intuos tablet. The galaxy is courtesy of NASA’s public images, the crew photos are from personality-database.com, and the planet and transit stations are screenshots from TV show. The font is Coalition, Tarrget Half-Tone, and Tarrget Half-Tone Italic.

WIP thread: https://cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=51753

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Expanse Map v10 (sm).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	135955
    Last edited by aeshnidae; 07-02-2023 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Find me on
    DeviantArt