Thread: Heyo!

Default Heyo!

Hey there! I'm Patrick or DeductibleTaxes from South Africa. I've been interested in fantasy map-making (Specifically relating to world-building) for as long as I can remember, having had a full box of maps from when I was a kid/early teen (Which has recently gone missing in a series of renovations :( ). Recently I've been trying to get more "serious" about the hobby, especially in relation to a world-building project I've currently got going on for a pathfinder setting I'm planning for my group's next campaign (A sort of world war one fantasy setting with slightly more primitive tech). I really enjoy browsing other people's maps and the stories therein so I should have a good time around these parts!
    Last thing I can think of for an introduction is that my maps generally try to include some level of realism, however I'm never going to claim that they're realistic as I enjoy including some more fantastical elements and geographies as well. This philosophy applies to my world-building more generally wherein I enjoy limited realism, although I enjoy and admire settings that both aim for realism to the nth degree and those that altogether abandon it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Welcome man!

It's very cool seeing another South African on here. Where in RSA do you hail from? I'm in Gauteng.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time on the guild.

P.S. It gets MUCH easier to post after 5 posts.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hey to both of you :D
    And I'm a Gautenger myself too funnily enough (Although given the population, not that surprising :P)