Thread: Jrusar vs. Ruidus (Jrusar SketchUp Model Revisted) Critial Role Fan Art

Post Jrusar vs. Ruidus (Jrusar SketchUp Model Revisted) Critial Role Fan Art

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jrusar_vs_Ruidus_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	136243

This pic of "Jrusar vs. Ruidus" was inspired by Mercer's description of the city from C3E64 "Reunited." I made some modifications to the original SketchUp model: I relocated the Prakash Pyre to the shortest spire (next to the temple) since Mercer eventually identified the shortest one as the Lantern Spire. I added more gondola lifts and made a couple more airship variants. The red moon, Ruidus, would appear to be different sizes depending upon which hemisphere of the planet you're on, now that the moon is magically tethered in some sort of geosynchronous orbit. So I made the moon as large as I wanted for scenic lighting purposes.

Otherwise, what makes Jrusar such a difficult illustration is the fog. It's described as being at the bottom of a bowl-shaped valley, so the fog is fairly constant since the moisture has nowhere to escape to. But I wanted the jungle to show through the fog since it's the most important regional landscape feature. I envisioned the fog reflecting a bright pink color because of the bright red moon filing much of the sky (and to contrast with the silhouettes of the spires). The aurora-borealis / leyline-nexus around the moon was an afterthought, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
    Last edited by NoneTheWiser; 08-30-2023 at 01:38 AM.
    Hinterland Mapview

Follow me on Twitter: @SonOfJoxer

Such a cool image!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"