Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy style roadtrip through the USA (closed)

Map Fantasy style roadtrip through the USA (closed)

For a birthday gift I want to have a roadtrip across the USA immortalized by a pyrography artist.
    For this the artist needs a digital map.
    For this map I would love the map to be in classic fantasy style. Think lord of the rings maps showing the journey Frodo took.

I can provide the route taken and some of the highlights along the way.

Style
    Fantasy style. Designed with pyrography in mind, so colors are not relevant

Quality & Size

According to the pyrography artist the more resolution the better. So high quality in that sense.

Time Constraints
    To give the pyrography artist some time, I am hoping this can be done in several weeks.
    I realise this is short, I underestimated the difficulty of making a good looking map and have been trying myself

Copyright
    dont care, as long as you don't publish it before the birthday

Drop your website or email and i'll contact you to discuss the project / timeline and payment!

Guild Journeyer

Hello, I?m interested in your project! You can find my work at:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

My maps are hand drawn but I scan them in 600 DPI so the resolution shouldn't be a problem. I can send you some samples if you like my work!
    You can contact me via any of the pages or at endi.oblak93@gmail.com

CHEERS!

Sounds like the OP already has pyrography artist lined up, XCali. I'm assuming they are wanting a cartographer to create the design for the map, which the pyrographer will then use as a reference for the final piece.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Sounds like the OP already has pyrography artist lined up, XCali. I'm assuming they are wanting a cartographer to create the design for the map, which the pyrographer will then use as a reference for the final piece.
    Yeah, my bad. Upon reading it again, it does sound that way. Tx (I deleted my post)

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hi Maprequest,

I'd be interested in working with you on this. You can check my previous works here and if you like what you see, do not hesitate to email me at thomrey[at]hotmail.com so that we can talk more abouut your project.

Cheers !

Thomas

I had contact with Thomas (Sorry Strigunart, I felt digital art would work better)
    However it seems I made some mistakes when I guessed how long a pro would take to create a map, and what that would cost.

So I'll close the request as I don't think my timeline and budget are realistic anymore.

Thanks for the responses, and maybe you'll catch me on the help requested part of this forum as i am giving it another go myself!

(excuse me if this is duplicate, after hitting reply nothing happened)

It had contact with Thomas (Sorry Strigunart should've responded, I tought digital would be the way to go)

It looks like I underestimated both the time a professional map would take, and the associated costs.

So I'll close the request as it my budget and timeline are not realistic. I'll try myself, so far im actually impressed that my work in progress looks really well!

Thanks for the responses, maybe you'll catch me in the help/advice part of the forums!

-Maprequest

Whatever Thomas quoted you for time and money is just what Thomas would take and charge. We don't exactly have a guild union where all professionals agree to charge the same amount of money. You can give up if you like, but you could also just adjust your post to say, "My budget is xx to xxx" and see if you can find someone who's got lower rates that fit into your vision and a smaller queue. But of course you should keep working on your own version too!

And yes, digital would be vital in this project. I only didn't quote you because my queue is too full to realistically do a map by the end of October now.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Chiming in here to support Tiana's post, even among the 'pros' the rates may differ wildly, and there's always a chance that you can find common ground with one of the many talented newcomers that frequent the site, too.

Same here. It's not because my proposition doesn't work for you that others won't. You really should not give up as I'm pretty sure you'll find your fit on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast