Thread: Fantasy Map Request: Mediterranean climate, Terrain: coastal, highlands, desert

Post Fantasy Map Request: Mediterranean climate, Terrain: coastal, highlands, desert

In need of a fantasy map maker. I'm basing the story in a Meditteranean climate. Terrain should be somewhat diverse, with a coast and highlands, but with a dominating desert region dotted with various sized oasis areas. For inspiration, refer to middle-eastern climates/terrain. I'd like an area with similar geography to the Nile in Egypt--surrounding desert with a large river that leads into the ocean, with lush forested areas running along the river.

Requirements from map maker: a solid grasp on climate/terrain logic.
    It's a fantasy map, so obviously it doesn't have to make perfect sense, but I don't want a map that is laughable. I'd like the climate and terrain to make sense and not break immersion for a reader.

Paid commission

Copyright: I'd like to use this for a future fantasy series, so I'd like to retain copyright/reproduction rights

Map area: needs to be typical fantasy map size (I.e. a region that would cover the same amount of area Tolkein's Middle-Earth map does)

Contact: please contact me at jnolan17 at live.com. Please include the word 'Map' in the subject so I can find it in my inbox

Time constraints: no pressing time constraints

Process: I'd like the geographical terrain map done at this time. Cities don't need to be added at this time, though it'd be appreciated if the map maker marked spots on the terrain map of where settlements made the most sense. With that said, down the line in the future, I'd like to have the map maker on retainer so that I can add important cities to it once I've had the story written.

I'd like a map maker who would be willing to explain the logic of their map in terms of climate and the terrain if possible, so I can make sense of how it would influence the story and settlement placement.

Hi cosmicjoke,

I'd be interested in working with you on this. You can check my previous works here and if you like what you see, do not hesitate to email me at thomrey[at]hotmail.com so that we can talk more abouut your project.

Cheers !

Thomas

Default Response

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Hi cosmicjoke,

I'd be interested in working with you on this. You can check my previous works here and if you like what you see, do not hesitate to email me at thomrey[at]hotmail.com so that we can talk more abouut your project.

Cheers !

Thomas
    I've sent you an email (note: I sent it from my main email account, not the one I listed in the post. The subject line is: Map Commission - Cartographers Guild - Mediterranean

Received, I'll email you back later tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke View Post
    In need of a fantasy map maker. I'm basing the story in a Meditteranean climate. Terrain should be somewhat diverse, with a coast and highlands, but with a dominating desert region dotted with various sized oasis areas. For inspiration, refer to middle-eastern climates/terrain. I'd like an area with similar geography to the Nile in Egypt--surrounding desert with a large river that leads into the ocean, with lush forested areas running along the river.

Requirements from map maker: a solid grasp on climate/terrain logic.
    It's a fantasy map, so obviously it doesn't have to make perfect sense, but I don't want a map that is laughable. I'd like the climate and terrain to make sense and not break immersion for a reader.

Paid commission

Copyright: I'd like to use this for a future fantasy series, so I'd like to retain copyright/reproduction rights

Map area: needs to be typical fantasy map size (I.e. a region that would cover the same amount of area Tolkein's Middle-Earth map does)

Contact: please contact me at jnolan17 at live.com. Please include the word 'Map' in the subject so I can find it in my inbox

Time constraints: no pressing time constraints

Process: I'd like the geographical terrain map done at this time. Cities don't need to be added at this time, though it'd be appreciated if the map maker marked spots on the terrain map of where settlements made the most sense. With that said, down the line in the future, I'd like to have the map maker on retainer so that I can add important cities to it once I've had the story written.

I'd like a map maker who would be willing to explain the logic of their map in terms of climate and the terrain if possible, so I can make sense of how it would influence the story and settlement placement.
    i I might be interested here is my Portfolio of maps and in case you find it interesting you can contact me there or at tonelstef @ msn dot com.

Hello! I'm a fantasy cartographer with a background in biogeographical sciences and scientific illustration. I understand how ecosystems work and can draw exactly the map you need. Please take a look at my past commissions. I use traditional techniques for my best maps!
    Valterink Maps Art Portfolio.

I have also contacted you by e-mail.
    Would love to work with you, cheers!

Valterink

If I may, guys, I completed the map two weeks ago so, this request might be marked as taken.

Thanks for letting us know, Thomas. I've updated the thread title.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"