Thanks for all the comments and rep!

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
...Makes me wonder, what dimensions were needed to make this fit properly in the novel?
The piece is 12" by 9" at 300dpi, intended for a double-page spread

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
...I love the fact that you changed the border between B&W and color and am curious as to why, I love the texturing of the land and the eastern broken plateau is something to behold ! Great job all around
Purely just a request from the author, they wanted a little variance between the 2 so they could have the promotional colour version be slightly different and show off some book locations/features.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Erfurth View Post
...I am curious though, why there isn't a map title as in the original? Thanks for sharing this with us.
I went back and forth with a few designs for the border, some with the title and some without and the client determined that the actual name of the land itself wasn't as important as the contents of the land so we moved to a design more focused on ornamentation.

Not a map, but the client also commissioned a couple of creature sketches too to be used for promotion and on their website, done in a sketchy ink style.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juron_FINAL_transparency.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	136321
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon_FINAL_transparency.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	136322