Thread: Kellerica Maps! [Commissions open]

Default Kellerica Maps! [Commissions open]

My name is Kellerica, Kell for short, and I'm a digital artist working to bring worlds to life. I originally hail from Finland, but have been living here in Scotland since 2021.
    My mapmaking journey began on these very forums in 2014, and I've been honing my craft ever since.

I've had the pleasure of doing maps professionally for a number of years now, and in that time I've worked with various different clients, including authors, GM's, museums and publishing companies.
    You can find my work online on my website, or on Instagram, Facebook or Artstation.

I've attached a few of my favourite maps from the recent few years in the post below, and will likely continue to add some more every once in a while.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are in need of a cartographer!
    In addition to my socials and the Guild forums, my website also contains a handy contact form you can use to shoot me a message.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is quite an old one at this point, but it's still one of my favourites: this was created for author M. L. Spencer's Rhenwars saga. The parchment colour schemed map is the most popular option among my clients, and a good chunk of my commissions are created in this kind of style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkstorm.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	136300

This was a commission for a private TTRPG campaign.

Name:	Dhalia_watermarked.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	136297

This is another RPG campaign map, commissioned by the same GM as the previous one. This side campaign to the main one is more pirate themed.

Name:	Crescent_Isles.jpg 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	136298

In 2022 I had the chance to create the promotional poster for Game Week.

Game Week is held annually in November to celebrate and promote game education and game culture. It's mostly a Nordic thing as far as I know, but it's part of the International Games Month event.
    The event is coordinated by KAVI, Finnish National Audiovisual Institute, and last year they wanted to have a map-themed poster for their promotional materials.

Name:	Peliviikko.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	136299

This was one of my latest commissions, for the Finnish novel "Kellopelisydän" by Vehka Kurjenmiekka coming out later this year. The map, as is often the case with my novel commissions, comes with a print-friendly greyscale version alongside the colour one.

Name:	Merenkehra_final.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	136304

This map is one of my coolest commissions yet! It was created for Vapriikki, the Finnish museum dedicated to games and gaming. It was a part of their "Mielikuvituksen maantiede - Imaginary Geography" exhibit, dedicated to maps and their use in games. I'm sure I don't need to tell you why this project was an absolute blast to work on! In addition to the map, I also created the layout for all the title cards for the items on display, as well as a little booklet they were selling at the museum gift shop.

The map itself was designed to include bits and pieces of the various Finnish game maps on display, containing references to the games they were connected to, and used to create a fictional meta realm with the shape of Finland still recognisable under it all.

Name:	Imaginary_geography.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	6.01 MB 
ID:	136305

These two, in turn, are some of my (these days a bit rare!) personal projects. Both of these maps have been inspired by the places and characters I've encountered in my dreams, and are an example of a somewhat different style than my usual "classic" fantasy maps.

Name:	Rimm.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	136306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belnesse.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	136307