Thread: Erengrad, Warhammer Fantasy city map

Default Erengrad, Warhammer Fantasy city map

Hi!

Back to Warhammer. Same style but with blocks instead of single houses and very limited map key.
    Handdrawn with coloredpenciles, fineliner and GIMP in postproduction.

It is available on deviantart with DLC showing the main districts of the city.

Cheers,
    PJ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erengrad LOWlow PL.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	136309

Wonderful map! And all the more impressive for being hand-drawn (no Ctrl+Z to bale you if you make a mistake!!)

Fantastic job on this.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Looking good, the combination of hand drawn and digital elements on this map is absolutely seamless. Your drawing style is very nice as always and I do like the use of city blocks, it gives the city a denser feel than individually buildings.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Another nice addition for you large set of warhammer city maps!
    I kinda feel the water is a bit too bright on this one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another nice addition for you large set of warhammer city maps!
    I kinda feel the water is a bit too bright on this one, though.
    Yep. The blue color I used becomes to bright after scan. I tried to lower it down during postproduction but nothing helped.

Now thats a gorgeus city map. Nice work!

Scanners are notorious for messing up light blue colour. That's why there's blue non-photo pencils for sketching work that later will be scanned; someone took that bug and turned it into a feature. There are probably some workarounds, like using a different shade of blue. Since scanners don't all work the same, I'd make some test swatches and scan them. I think ultramarine or indigo might work best, but I'd test every blue pencil you've got and use that in the future for less headaches with post production.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice job ! Lots of details