Thread: Request for Map of a Fantasy Continent for Home DnD Game

Post Request for Map of a Fantasy Continent for Home DnD Game

Hi there!

I am on the search for someone who would be willing to help me map out a continent for my home DnD game (privately used).
    The continent itself is an extension of the world of Exandria from Critical Role. (this saves me having to come up with a whole new pantheon and I can keep some of the general lore )

It is quite large and comparable in size to the already existing continent of Wildemount. I have tried my hand at mapping it myself so I think I have a fairly good idea for what I want everything to look like, however I could never bring myself to actually continue as I was not really satisfied with my work and there are a few stretches that have not been filled history-wise either.
    So I would love to work with someone, that could help me fill in the missing pieces along the way as well. (Doesn't have to be lore but at least filling in the empty stretches on the map with points of interest.)

Now, I would like for the map to be drawn digitally, and have a high enough resolution, so it doesn't look terrible close up when printed on A2 paper. (aka 16.5 x 23.4 inches)
    Style-wise I am quite open for ideas, it just shouldn't be too photorealistic.

I am also not on any schedule as of now, and I would like to have the occasional back and forth to make sure everything ends up well, although I am guessing that is common practice anyway.
    Of course, I will happily compensate you for your time and efforts as well.

If you're interested, you can reply here or email me directly!
    I'm looking forward to working with you.

Contact Details:

If you would like to contact me or for later communication, my email is:

map.commission.birde--at--gmail.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Guild Member IllustratedPageBookDesign's Avatar

Do you have a budget in mind? I'd be interested, but I'd probably charge something in the realm of $700 for a large, full color world map.

My portfolio is here: https://theillustratedpage.net/design/map-portfolio/

Oh wow, the maps in your portfolio are absolutely gorgeous!

Unfortunately $700 is quite a bit beyond my pain threshold.
    I wasn't really looking to spend more than half of that, as at the end of the day it is still just for a home game.

Thank you so much for your quote though!

Hi try to look at my Instagram Page or artstation. Do you have some example that you like? If you like my "hand", feel free to write me : hynworks "at" gmail "dot" com

Guild Journeyer

Hello! I sent you and email! CHEERS!

Email sent as well.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

In case you interested in a different approach here is my pf .

Replied to all of the Emails!

I realize that I maybe should have specified the style I am looking for a little more, so I attached two examples of the general style I was thinking about.

@Naima Unfortunately I haven't posted enough to message you directly, but thank you very much for showing interest, your work looks great!
    I fear, that your style might be a little too realistic for what I am looking for, though.

Best regards,
    birde

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exandria Example.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	136355 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sword Coast Example.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	136356

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey birde, while I can't do this as a fully custom map on your budget, but I could probably do to it in Inkarnate Pro for something well within your budget range. The only downside would be that you'd be limited to Inkarnate's toolset.

The map below is an example of what is possible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coast of Northern Elaria.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	136360

Thank you for showing interest, I emailed you!