View Poll Results: Sept/Oct 23 Lite Challenge: VOTE for your favorite Maps with a Hidden Message

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carto Luminescence by Rwhyte

0 0%
  • The serpent valley by Simkin

6 66.67%
  • The Omega Key by Straf

6 66.67%
  • The Map of the Secrets of Life by The Elderly Cartographer

3 33.33%
  • The Interdisciplinary Studies Tepui by waldronate

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sept/Oct 23 Lite Challenge:VOTING TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    I think that the starting point is diamond....
    Close but there's a rock to consider too
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Okay, so the inner circle has to be turned to the right and the outer circle to the left. That much seems easy enough with the end of the journey being in Provenance.

Tried following the clues a a few times but kept getting stuck in a loop between Broadharbor and Stanton. Also noticed that there are two letters unaccounted for (M and N) so yeah, no treasure for me either.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    At the end, there is the beginning. So the very last place to visit is some kind of beginning, or a place of origin...
    A place of origin... so maybe thats Copperhead then which means either ThingyMouth in which case Stanton, BroadHarbour, Stanton... so probably not. It could be Mad Temple, Cauldron... Then next is either Diamond, in which case its TwinMill, then Diamond and it loops so I dont think so.

Or that is the end of the journey and its Provenance. If thats the case then we have: X, Φ, K, Δ, T, Ω

And then the inner circle goes East and the outer must be West. But from those characters I don't see how that works. Or it could mean that standing at Copperhead the mine goes into the river source which goes to the right for dark (moon) and left for light (sun).

I need another clue !

I got the M and N too with Grainbin and Cornbarn having no symbols so I think those must be matched to them. Or maybe its just coincidence... Maybe we need a M and N for the word Moon. But we need two O's...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-20-2023 at 07:34 AM.

If something comes from a place then that's its provenance, its origin. Like Champagne or a Cornish Pasty. Tau would be a pin too many to allow the rings to turn. The outer ring turns the clutch mechanism that holds the inner ring. It has to turn against the sun, so it needs to go west to east. As you're facing south (ish) that means turning it counter clockwise. A echoey clunk sounds when it turns far enough. Then the inner ring is turned clockwise and woah - the door opens and the adventure begins.

I sort of envisage if either the outer or inner ring are turned the wrong way a trapdoor opens onto a chute that delivers the party to a deeper level of the dungeon complex. Here the monsters are harder to fight because the first couple of levels have useful gear/buffs/spells/whatever that make the subsequent levels easier.

A possible back story for the dungeon could be it's an ancient, long forgotten dwarven city now overrun by some nefarious foes. I haven't thought this far ahead yet though. Perhaps it can be built as a community project or something? The first couple of levels go down to the third level, who then need to fight their way to the throne room where treasures await. Incorrect key rotations dump the party at the third level. The party have to overcome various level bosses and a final boss to get the treasures.

Blog Entries

If something comes from a place then that's its provenance, its origin. Like Champagne or a Cornish Pasty. Tau would be a pin too many to allow the rings to turn. The outer ring turns the clutch mechanism that holds the inner ring. It has to turn against the sun, so it needs to go west to east. As you're facing south (ish) that means turning it counter clockwise. A echoey clunk sounds when it turns far enough. Then the inner ring is turned clockwise and woah - the door opens and the adventure begins.
    Cool and well done. On the East Tower it says that the tower is on the east side and chancel is on the right and the light shines through to the evening congregation. Maybe my mental image is wrong but I thought that meant that the window was in the tower and lit up the congregation in the chancel. So the sun would be further to the east than the tower. I guess the window is at the end of the chancel then. Which makes sense to be honest. I would have still fallen through the trap door even if I had guessed Provenance by the elimination !

A tie again! Congratulations, Straf and Simkin.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by The Elderly Cartographer View Post
    A tie again! Congratulations, Straf and Simkin.
    Thank you snd congrats to Straf!

Congrats Straf & Simkin!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks folks and congrats to Simkin. Now please tell us where the snek is

Thanks folks and congrats to Simkin. Now please tell us where the snek is
    Ok, so there is the snake (there is the tongue too)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20231023_153603.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	4.81 MB 
ID:	136475

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast