Thread: A camp battlemap and my current WIP

Map A camp battlemap and my current WIP

Hey folks, hope everyone's doing great!

I've been trying to get into battlemaps recently, here's a camp I finished and a crumbling fort that's my current project. I think they're both a bit too bright and flat but any critique would be massively appreciated so I can try to improve things before I finish the fort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camp battlemap.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	136461

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fort.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	136462

I'd agree on the colours maybe being a bit too saturated, but I really enjoy the soft character of the linework and texturing. Is this made with Rebelle?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I'd agree on the colours maybe being a bit too saturated, but I really enjoy the soft character of the linework and texturing. Is this made with Rebelle?
    Thanks! Not quite sure what you mean by the soft character, as in the inking texture or the wobbly lines? Also yep! This one was using the default dip pen for the linework and trying to get used to their pigment simulation for the watercolours. It's definitely off on the treasure room but I like how the road came out. I'm also thinking of redoing the furniature seperately and then rotating them into place, hopefully get things like the chest to look a bit more precise.