Thread: Hello all!

Default Hello all!

I am a bit new to map making, but I want to get better at it; For all kinds, world maps, dungeon maps, etc... I mostly practice map-making on my own fictional world, called the Murin-Ryn.

I look forward to learning with you all and sharing my creations!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUTHERIA.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	136562  

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild. For somebody new to map making then this is a really nice start !

Welcome! Do you have previous experience with illustration or map design? That map is really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Welcome to the guild. For somebody new to map making then this is a really nice start !
    Thank you! I was watching and going through a lot of tutorial videos to get to that point; I have absolute pages of practicing forests and mountains and coastlines at this point ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Valterink View Post
    Welcome! Do you have previous experience with illustration or map design? That map is really good!
    I have a bit of experience! I have a love for drawing so I'm constantly futzing with making things with pen and paper. Right now I'm trying to do a fully hand-drawn pen-and-ink map of that country along with- Well, it's whole continent; I've never done a full continent/overworld map before though, so I'm looking forward to- Well, everything I'll need to do to make it a map!

Hello there! I like the distinctive style of your map, with the bold coastlines and clear layout. Is there a reason for the split in the river Danador?

Hey, welcome to the Guild! It looks like you're off to a good start judging by the map you shared. Definitely has that nice, classic Lord of the Rings feel. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Happy Mapping!
    - Josh

Quote Originally Posted by MikesMaps View Post
    Hello there! I like the distinctive style of your map, with the bold coastlines and clear layout. Is there a reason for the split in the river Danador?
    Not really, this was more an experiment and my first try at actually making a "whole" map; I had ideas it might be because of a civil engineering project to divert the river that didn't quite work out- So I may re-do it! But I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

I think I might be better suited to doing this on paper, though. Digital drawing is a whole different beast and I am certainly learning more every time I try to draw with it right now!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    Hey, welcome to the Guild! It looks like you're off to a good start judging by the map you shared. Definitely has that nice, classic Lord of the Rings feel. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Happy Mapping!
    - Josh
    Thank you! I look forward to showing y'all my future projects!

Default Hi There

Just a friendly reply to get my access activated for private messaging.

Cheers!