Thread: Elden Rings Style City-Island Map

Default Elden Rings Style City-Island Map

Project Scope:
    This map will be used for a large but private DND server. I intend to have two or three of these made, and hope to establish a connection with an artist who I can return to when I send my players to new places in our campaigns.

Setting:
    A island that was once a fortress garden, but now is ruined.

Design Concept:
    I want an island that is 1/3 terrain, 1/3 walls, buildings and chambers, and 1/3 gardens or parks. It must resemble the style of the Elden Rings game map. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/c..._hand_finally/)
    The island was once one of several retreats for a queen who ruled over a very vast empire. But her fall in her latter days into cruelty caused a rebellion that left the marks of war on her island garden-fort. The map will capture how the garden now looks after two centuries of neglect, following that conflict. It is an uninhabited place, and the map ought to capture fallen grandeur, untamed growth, and a sense that passing time has made the place both useless as a fort, and bad as a garden. Basically, I want to invert the island, which was once safe and predictable, into someplace dangerous and unkempt.

Number of maps:
    One map for the island as a whole, and one map of just the keep/fortress.

Technical:
    300 dpi, or fairly close to it. Jpg or png files
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    I have no plans to sell or give away anything.

Deadline:
    Within three months. I can go as long as 5 months.

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files.
    5-10 dollars for any change requested while working.
    Pay is something I am open to discussing.

Contact
    De'Lance Martin
    Josiah123Richmond(at)gmail(dot)com

Sounds like a really cool project! Just wanted to let you know that with what you are requesting it will probably cost 5 to 10 times or more the amount you have listed for payment. Depending on how much detail you are looking for starting for many artists would be $300 to $500 then if you want color and lots of detail could be double or triple that depending. 3 months is a decent and for many fairly short time frame to complete said project though still doable with your 3 to 5 month time frame.

Just wanted to give you a little heads up there. For me personally if I were to do it depending on the specifics you are looking for it would be around $800 for the whole island (basing it off of the detail shown in reference) and another $100 to $200 or more for the keep/ fortress map depending what exactly you are looking for. This is all mind you for hand drawn/ painted artwork as I imagine is the request.

I am sure if someone wanted to use a stamp program or something like inkarnate to make it for you they could do it for cheap but it would still likely be more than your listed payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralaris View Post
    Sounds like a really cool project! Just wanted to let you know that with what you are requesting it will probably cost 5 to 10 times or more the amount you have listed for payment. Depending on how much detail you are looking for starting for many artists would be $300 to $500 then if you want color and lots of detail could be double or triple that depending. 3 months is a decent and for many fairly short time frame to complete said project though still doable with your 3 to 5 month time frame.

Just wanted to give you a little heads up there. For me personally if I were to do it depending on the specifics you are looking for it would be around $800 for the whole island (basing it off of the detail shown in reference) and another $100 to $200 or more for the keep/ fortress map depending what exactly you are looking for. This is all mind you for hand drawn/ painted artwork as I imagine is the request.

I am sure if someone wanted to use a stamp program or something like inkarnate to make it for you they could do it for cheap but it would still likely be more than your listed payment.
    Thank you for that advice, that is very helpful.

This commission has been taken. If you see this post for pricing, 100$ is too low and 300$-500$ are the estimates I have been offered per map for my project.