Thread: Valee de la Mort map re-design

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default Valee de la Mort map re-design

My latest project was to upgrade the graphics from an old game on the battle of Dien Bien Phu. the original graphics were around 20 years old and Paul of HFD Games asked me to give the game a complete make-over: new maps, new counters and new cover art. It took me a long time to finish (the game counters in particular were tedious and time consuming) but the end result is pretty good if I do say so myself. I just turned in the final print ready pdfs to Paul and the game will likely be offered on his site soon. Here you can see the original, and the upgraded map I came up with. It will be printed out onto 2 11x17 sheets making a 22x17 inch game board. Now, I know what some of you are thinking- why the tan background when really it should all be a jungle green? The answer is that war-gamers are a fickle bunch and much prefer maps they can read at a glance rather than one that has tons of detail. I found that this color scheme was the best way to get the important info needed to play the game to "pop". Anyhoo the publisher likes it and in the end you give the people who are paying you what they want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zTuvOPfu.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	136625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vdlm map7.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	136626