Thread: Risk Re-imagined for a Barbie World

Default Risk Re-imagined for a Barbie World

Hi there strangers! I am coming to you from Google with perhaps, a strange request. I am rebuilding the game Risk, for my friend as a gift. They're a huge Barbie fan and it's their favourite game, but sadly I don't think the IPs have ever crossed over from what I've seen. Thus I've taken it upon myself to custom print some little guys (shaped like their favourite things for the soldiers etc) and remake the cards, all in the incredibly vibrant and pink aesthetic she is known for.

I have labelled this as [Paid?] initially because I genuinely don't know the scale of work this would require, but I am more than happy to discuss rates and time for it because it's pretty damn important to me.

For this venture, I require a map. And since "Barbieland" also doesn't really seem to have an iconic enough layout and I have eclipsed the extent of my abilities in Photoshop and the like trying to do it myself, so I've come to you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barbie risk stuff.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	874.6 KB 
ID:	136627

This is the one I would like to base it on. I intend to replace the continents with shapes from her favourite movies, Swan Lake, Princess and the Pauper, Nutcracker, Rapunzel, 12 Dancing Princesses and Fairytopia. Not all of these have logos to use, but I've got some ideas in mind. They would then need to be cut up like the original game and it's continents as I don't intend to alter the balance (that'd be a whole separate project) with all the connections and such. I would ideally like the fonts and such to match the Barbie aesthetic as well, the logo to appear on it and the general hues, while pink instead of brown, to match the "parchement" aesthetic. Names and such for each zone would come from the movies but I haven't got quite that far, as I expect it to be pretty easy.

The scale and such don't matter so much, as it doesn't need to be hyper-realistic as much as usable for gameplay, but it does need to be sized to a bit over 20" x 30" as I intend to print the result on a playmat rather than a board for use, since they're much more space-saving and the printers require a little bit of overhang.

I would like this done sort of ASAP, but within reason. The Christmas season will likely pass before I can get this all together regardless of how fast anyone does their jobs, just due to being in a small country that requires a lot of overseas postage.

I intend to print this once as a gift and use it basically nowhere else, tho it might make a nice wallpaper for my computer with the image :3

Please reach out to contact me here at dragonhame--gmail--com (or post here, whichever works cause I'm not sure I've anti-spammed this up correctly)

Genuinely if you have any ideas about how to get this done I would love to hear it. This is perhaps one of the single most important gifts I have ever given in my life and I am quite ill with worry about putting it together so I'd love any sense of relief.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the guild!
    E-mail sent!

Guild Journeyer

Hello!

I sent you an email but just in case, here's my work:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

CHEERS!